From disposable tableware made from plant products to the support of local freispiele ohne einzahlung and wineries,free online baccarat game are where's the gold. We are committed to conducting our business in an environmentally responsible manner as we champion and support the conservation efforts of the Pittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium.
The Green Restaurant Association awards points for energy-saving elements from water use to composting and recycling. Through the certification process Jambo Grill received 175.63 points equating to a 3-star rating. We continue to strive forward in our sustainability efforts with the goal of helping the environment and creating the most sustainable restaurant in Pittsburgh!
What Qualifies Us As Green?
- Our Recycling program can keep up to 50% of our waste out of landfills
- Our High Efficiency Pre-Rinse Spray Valves combined save enough water to fill over 6 backyard swimming pools each year
- We use High Efficiency Hand Dryers, which are the most efficient and least wasteful way to dry hands
- Our facility is Styrofoam Free, which keeps harmful chemicals and litter out of our environment
- Our Paper Towels, Hot Cups Lids, Napkins, and Office Paper are made with material recovered from curbside recycling bins
- Our Energy Star Qualified Pieces of Equipment (dish machine, water heater, televisions, and reach-in refrigerators) are 30-40% efficient than conventional models
- Our Wall-Mounted Hood captures more smoke and grease while using less energy than a conventional free-standing hood
- Over 12% of our main dishes are Vegetarian, which require significantly less energy and water to produce than our meat-based dishes
- We use a GreenPro certified Integrated Pest Management Service, which does not use unnecessary pesticides or chemicals
- Over 65% of our light bulbs are LEDs, which use less energy and last longer than incandescents and contain no mercury.
SSA’s Partnership with Monterey Bay Seafood Watch
Service Systems Associates and the Monterey Bay Aquarium’s Seafood Watch Program have partnered to bring sustainable seafood, with proper messaging to our guests throughout our locations in various catering events, restaurants, and Café settings. SSA is committed to working with the Seafood Watch to source the most sustainable seafood products available under the “Best Choice/Good Alternative” sections of the Seafood Watch app/card. This Seafood Watch card/app is regularly updated reflecting up-to-date fishing standards based on the strict guidelines of Seafood Watch for both the general public and its partners based on regions. Under the auspices of this program, SSA and its culinary teams have used their purchasing powers to drive change in the supply chain to reflect sustainable purchasing represented in all of our locations serving seafood to the general public. At the Pittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium SSA not only sources all seafood for our Catering events from the approve Seafood Watch list but also offers a Sustainable Seafood special every Friday at the Jambo Grill. For more information on Monterey Bay Aquarium’s Seafood Watch click here.
SSA’s Partnership with RSPO
In response to the urgent and pressing global call for sustainably produced palm oil, the Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) was formed in 2004 with the objective of promoting the growth and use of sustainable oil palm products through credible global standards and engagement of stakeholders. The seat of the association is in Zurich, Switzerland, while the secretariat is currently based in Kuala Lumpur with a satellite oce in Jakarta. SSA partnered with RSPO in 2010